Saturday, November 14, 2015

Update, with picture

So today is November 14, and no heat. While I'm silently celebrating (because the baby is napping), I'm still pushing for the 20th.

And here's a picture of my dear husband's request for a birthday cake last week:

Pumpkin cheese cake with maple pecan topping

It was yummy. The recipe is Paula Deen's. But I made up the idea for the topping all by myself. It takes some skill, but I'll bet you can do it. Put some maple syrup in a saucepan. Put in some cinnamon and toasted pecans. Heat it up a little bit. That's all there is to it.

Coming soon (or as soon as I get to it)-- The story of one family, consumed by the desire to consume funnel cake at a non-fair/festival setting (their home) and not for a snack but for breakfast. It's a heart-breaking tale, or maybe a heart-clogging tale. Whatever. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment