Tuesday, March 19, 2019

New Wheels

After much consideration, price-checking, emailing, and weeping and gnashing of teeth (by a child who didn't want to give it up), we sold our old car. I bought our 1998 Civic fresh out of college so I would have a reliable car to get to my first teaching job. And reliable it was. Until it wasn't quite as reliable. It's not that it didn't work, but lately it was a lot of nickel and dime fixes. And then it was a little bit more than nickel and dime things.

The good old days-- the Civic holding shirts of kids working outside


So the decision was made. We have our van (the whole family vehicle) and our Suburban (the vehicle to haul things), but we felt we needed something that got more than 18 miles per gallon.

We bought a Subaru Outback.

Shiny and new

Ooooh!

Aaaah!

The only problem so far for me (which actually hasn't been a problem for me since I haven't yet filled it up) is that the gas tank is on the right side of the car. I've never had a vehicle with the gas on the right side. I guess I'll get used to it.

Wrong side

I guess the new car smell makes up for it. Here's to hoping this car holds up at least as long as the last one!




No comments:

Post a Comment