Monday, November 20, 2017

Building Project- Coming Right Along

I have another addition update. This entire project is nearing the final weeks, and I'm starting to worry a bit about the chaos of moving everything around while the new flooring (in both the addition and the rest of the house) is installed. When I worry, I just remind myself that it will all be over soon, and I will love it!

The last couple of weeks have seen paint and trim and a plastic wall. And lights and ceiling fans (but you won't see that in this post).

Trim

Doors

The living space is captivating in "captivating cream" paint.

The boys room is "simply green"-- their choice, not mine.

And then there was the day the wall came down.

First the plywood. . .

And then the saw scared this spider out of the wall. . . 

Next was the wall itself. . . 

The last few bits. . . 

Cleaning up. . . 

A new plastic "wall" 

And now we have an echo-type situation with all that emptiness in the addition. When we speak in the house, our voices come back to us. The first few days the little ones stood at the plastic shouting and having fun with the sound effects.

I'll try to remember to get some more pictures today because the ceiling fans are so purty!

No comments:

Post a Comment