Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Christmas Cookies at Grammy's

For the past couple of years, since I found the Frugal Girl's blog, we've anticipated her Christmas cookie guessing contest. I love looking at those cookies!

Well, this year while the new flooring was being installed in our house the week before Christmas, the children and I spent the week at my parents' house. One day they had tons of fun decorating sugar cookies with Grammy.

These lack the cool eyes that Frugal Girl's family uses, but I still think they are cute. Plus, Grammy had quite the variety of sprinkles to use.

My favorite that I decorated-- pastel sugars on a white tree

Some huge gingerbread cookies, and an upside-down white-tail deer (shot!)

That gingerbread boy is Dr. Who.

That one is Batman.

The black frosting was used unconventionally, but it was the only chocolate one.

Detailed Santa with tiny balls spelling out "Ho Ho" and "Toy"

The pictures I didn't post were mostly of children licking their fingers. Somehow we managed not to die from sugar over-consumption, and we had something to take to my family's Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment