Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year-- Old Pictures

We've been unsettled this Christmas because of new wood floors being installed the week before Christmas. That's my excuse for not getting Christmas cards out, not doing any blog posts, not eating healthy, etc.

But it's time to catch up. It may take a few posts which may be completely out of order. I might as well get started.

1. My Birthday. I had a birthday back more than a month ago, and I loved it. My son made me a cake in my cast iron pan and frosted it with salted caramel frosting that he also made.




I also received one of those "big kid" coloring books; I'd been wanting one for a good while.




My husband loves buying gifts for me from NOVICA. This birthday I got a beautiful hand-carved owl pendant from Bali. I love it.



2. Building Project. I found a stray picture from before the beautiful wood floor was installed. In this picture you can see the planning stage when Tim (one of the installers) was measuring and laying out the tile around the door before beginning the wood. I can't wait for you to see this floor!




3.  Deer Season.  Lots of hunting was enjoyed by several members of our household. Here are some pictures my husband took from his deer stand.


This is my husband's view from his deer stand. You can't quite see the turkey in the distance, but those trees on the horizon mark the border between Pennsylvania and Maryland.



My husband saw this cheeky fellow in the tree next to him. I'm not interested in hunting, but someday I think I want to go with him just to take pictures of the beauty.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment