Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Very Hungry Birthday Party

Back before Christmas, my kindergartner had a birthday. We've been using Five in a Row for school, and I decided to "row" The Very Hungry Caterpillar (my way). She was excited to have a Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday party. When I saw this idea on Pinterest, I was excited, too, because it looked so easy.


Very hungry cupcakes

Very hungry egg carton craft (from the day before)

For party food, we skipped many of the sweet things the caterpillar ate through because that would be just way too much sugar. So we didn't have pie, lollipops, or ice cream. We may have missed a few other things, too, just because I didn't have them.

We did have:

Apples, sausages, and salami
Swiss cheese plus some other cheeses

Strawberries, oranges, pickles, and butterfly crackers

I enjoyed this party because it was so easy to prepare AND it correlated to what we were studying in school. Thank you, Eric Carle!

1 comment: