Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Kindness-- One Definition

There is a lady in our congregation who has decided to give us a most delightful Christmas gift for the last two years. She watches our children so that we can go on a date and finish up our Christmas shopping for the children without them seeing what we're buying.

This year, she stepped it up a notch because when I walked in the door, this is what I saw.

A table set for supper. (And, evidently, a funny blur to the right.)


And this is what I smelled.

Homemade beef noodle soup


Though it is possible that I also smelled these, too.

Chocolate chip cookies that she also baked at our house.


I didn't, however, smell this because it's artificial. Our kind friend not only rushed to make food with the children to surprise us, but she also helped them make our personalized wreath.


How did she know I've been wanting a wreath for on our door?


The kids had a blast, and we did, too. What an amazing Christmas present! 



And because I didn't post a Merry Christmas post. . .




Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment