Saturday, October 14, 2017

Birthdays-- Round 2

Fall is the time for birthdays around here--a whirlwind of them. Just for fun this year we decided to celebrate a confirmation and a birthday on the same day. I wouldn't recommend it, but it all worked out okay.

Our first birthday celebration of this post wasn't a traditional birthday cake with candles sort of affair. My son wanted to celebrate his 12th birthday with a Redwall-themed party-- a feast, in fact. That meant we had food from the Redwall books and the Redwall cookbook he received as an early present. We had things like Hotroot Soup and Deeper 'n Ever Turnip ' Tater 'n Beetroot Pie. We also had desserts featured in the books.


Squirrel Mum's Apple and Blackberry Cake and Nunnymolers

Dibbun's Delight

The party was fun, and some of the recipes were "keepers."

I went for an easy cake on the day of the confirmation. The little tyke wanted a construction cake, and a construction cake he got.

Cakes are so easy to decorate with toys.

And that's all on the kid cake front until December!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great cake! also, I have a Peter, too! I like your blog, I think we have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That comment made my day. I enjoy how you capture all of those beautiful little moments and cherish them. Those are the moments I live for.

      Delete