Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Building Project Update

So much is happening in our new addition, but I do have 5 students in our homeschool that take precedence. The camera simply doesn't come out as often these days.

But let me tell you, we are crazy-close to everything being finished! Right now the wooden floor is being laid down. The plan is that today the bedroom carpet will be installed also. I wish I could show you a picture of the wood floor because it is so beautiful, but, alas, I do not have a picture. AND yesterday my husband said he doesn't want me to post one yet because he wants everybody to see it in person first. I think he's right; it'll be like opening a Christmas present because the wait is worth it.

I can tease you a bit, though, with this picture of the wood floors on the delivery truck.


Beautiful floor all boxed up

The electrical work is all done, and it passed inspection. Yay!


I just need to learn what all these switches do.


Pretty lights and fans

So what's left? Well, after the floor is done, all the doors and trim need to be put up. The closets need shelves and such. And, The Inspector and the final inspection await.  

But that's not all. That gorgeous floor is also going into our dining room, living room, and hallway. Also, the living room carpet will be moved to our computer room. SO that's a lot of furniture to move before all is said and done. Right now it looks like all might be done a couple of days before Christmas. 

We're not sure how a Christmas tree is happening this year. I'll worry about that tomorrow, Scarlett-style.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's much better than the Christmas tree in my bedroom option I wondered about.

      Delete