Friday, March 27, 2020

Feeling Homesteady

Today I wonder if I should find my sunbonnet, tie it on, and let it hang down my back. I am feeling like a pioneer. Why?

Well, look what's going on in my kitchen.

Quite the array of pots and such, eh?

Yes, we're making soap. And soup (back burner). But the rest of that stuff is soap stuff. The blue pitcher holds the lye-water mixture. The front pot holds the fat.

Lots of fat
And in the oven? 

Bread dough rising for supper

If I had chickens, I think I'd go gather the eggs right now. Maybe I'll just go learn how to sew an Easter dress instead. 

What out-of-the-ordinary things are you doing while you're staying home lately? Try anything new?





4 comments:

  1. Please dont mix up the soap and soup...that would not taste so great😂 I am learning how to make bread. Miss you Jody-girl- hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We kept the soup and soap separate :) So, which of my college friends left this comment? I'm so excited to know! Send me an email if you want :) Whoever it is, I miss you, too! I can help with bread making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jody!!
    I've been baking bread, making room spray (air freshener),making homemade salves, making elderberry syrup (to boost immunity) and sewing a dress for one of my daughters. Now I"m not doing all of these things at once, but over the last few weeks or so, this is what's been going on. Of course, I would love to do all of these things more regularly. Homesteading is sort of a dream of mine and I would love to get started with a little flock of chickens. Maybe one day!
    God bless and you all stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacie,
    I want chickens, too! We're working on getting our old guinea coop fixed up so we can get birds again. . . just what kind? There are so many beautiful ones.

    ReplyDelete