Thursday, September 8, 2016

What I Liked About Painting Week

Because I'm such a Pollyanna, I just have to post the good things about miserable painting week at our house.

First up has no connection to painting and everything to do about anniversary-- our 13th.


Pretty silver filigree bracelet from Bali--gift from my hubby



It matches my (tarnished) ring I got when I was in Bali so long ago.

I didn't have time to take pictures, but my husband and the kids planned a huge Indonesian-themed feast that was fun, delicious, and because it was complex for us, served on Bali time (same as island time).

The next thing I loved was cooking outside a few times. I finally got to use my new dutch oven.

Precursor to cowboy beans

I had a blast experimenting with cooking over hot coals, and, in addition to pleasing my inner pyro, it was yummy.


And now that painting's done, I love the new clean walls, but as it's not yet snapped, that picture will have to wait.





2 comments:

  1. Awww! Congratulations on 13 years--happy anniversary! I loved that you cooked outside in a Dutch oven. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was fun, but I didn't even use the lid, so I need to plan to actually bake something in it next time!

    ReplyDelete