Saturday, July 27, 2019

Neglected Summer-- Growing Things

The title of this post might be a bit misleading because I feel like I've truly enjoyed my summer so far. However, I've neglected to post about it. I found a few snapshots of my summer that I wanted to share.

1. Snow peas.  We had an overabundance of them. My children may never want to see them again.



2.  Garden with new electric fence. Everything newly planted and few weeds. I definitely need to update this picture!


See the not-quite-completed yet bike shed in the background?  It's still not completed, but it does house a little bird's nest complete with eggs.



3. Clematis in full bloom. I love this every year and must always take a picture of it.



4. Butterfly weed. This one has such pretty blooms. It will be featured in a less glorious state in an upcoming post.



 5. Rose. This is a less glorious state of a rose if I ever saw one. I need to read up about taking care of them. I'll bet the library has a book for that.



 6.  More from the flower bed. Why, yes, that is my mum peeking out from between the lavender blossoms. It over-wintered quite well. Perhaps I'll be smart and take a picture of it now that it's flowering.



 7. Blueberries. Almost ripe. This little miniature blueberry bush is not the only berry-bearing plant for us this year. The blackberries outdid themselves. We were able to get a few pies out of them plus plenty for eating. There's still not enough for putting up without robbing us of the joy of eating them fresh. No complaints.



After writing this post, I realize I need to get outside with my camera for a few before-and-after pictures because these were taken in June-ish, and it is most certainly July-ish. What a difference a month makes!


2 comments:

  1. This all looks wonderful. My lavender bush was very fruitful, and I harvested a good bit while still leaving some pretty purple blossoms behind. I'm jealous of the blueberries, but I also fear that my (pet) birds would eat them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this comment, Whitney! What birds do you have? What are you doing with the lavender?

    ReplyDelete