Sunday, May 3, 2015

Kentucky Derby Hats

My children love to watch the Kentucky Derby. I've said for so many years as we see all the fancy hats, "Gee, we should decorate hats to watch the race."

Well, this year, my oldest son remembered. He surprised me just before the race started by parading his sisters into the living room wearing these:







Do you notice these fancy creations are adorned by some gorgeous and locally-sourced guinea feathers? 

I didn't see a single hat at the Kentucky Derby that rivaled what my girls wore.



4 comments:

  1. Now those are some millinery masterpieces! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? Dare I say, "Hats off," to my son?

      Delete
  2. Very fun. We live in KY, and my husband and I recently got to visit the Derby Museum and learn a lot of fascinating information. The horse is an amazing creation of God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in Maryland, but not the part that is horse-racing crazy. My children still love to watch the race. But I admit that I enjoy horses from afar because I'm scared of them.

      Delete