Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I'm Not Normally into This Sort of Thing, but. . .

Okay, May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month, and while I'm not really into all the awareness weeks and months and days and years and so on, I really do think that arming yourself with the knowledge of Lyme Disease is important. If caught early enough and treated, Lyme Disease doesn't have to turn into a chronic ordeal.

Last year I wrote about our experiences with the disease.  The post has pictures of the tell-tale rash.

This year I wrote a column for our local newspaper about our experiences with Lyme Disease. I'll post it later.

I've read several articles about Lyme Disease, or at least about celebrities who have it. And here. And here.  While I don't usually uplift celebrities because I think they're normally not good role models, I do think having Lyme in the spotlight is a good thing.

I don't want to beat you over the head with it, but please take time to read at least some of these stories. You never know how much it might help you.

One good online resource for Lyme Disease is LymeDisease.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment