Saturday, June 4, 2016

Spring Birthday Cakes

I like posting pictures of our birthday cakes. Are they Pinterest-worthy? No. Do we like them? Yes. Things don't have to be picture-perfect to be delightful anyway.

So without further ado. . .

Super-easy M&M flowers


She requested chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (and a creamy-cream cheesy filling) and flowers made of M&Ms. That's exactly what she got. Mission complete.


The eldest son wanted to make his own entirely. He asked for a boxed strawberry cake mix because he'd never made one from a box before. I helped him a bit with the baking and frosting making because on that day he'd played three games in a soccer tournament and was bumping up against bedtime. The next day he got a little help from his aunt with frosting some of the parts, but the ideas were all his own. . . his favorite animal, the giant panda.


The panda is eating green bamboo, in case you're wondering.


I think it turned out quite well.

And now I'm tired of eating cake. Until September.

2 comments:

  1. I love these cakes! My oldest loves chocolate and pandas, so either cake would be a hit for her. I'll have to keep these in mind for next year. Happy birthday to your kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest loves pandas, too. He's been begging to go to the zoo in D. C. to see them.

      Delete