Friday, November 22, 2019

Puzzle Sale

We are back from vacation, and that means I need to put my nose to the grindstone with school and with my Etsy shop.

Something happened around August with Etsy that has caused me to have fewer sales. I also closed my shop in September because of my mother's illness and death, and that's never good for an online business.

So in an effort to jumpstart some business, I kicked off a sale on all of my puzzles-- 20% off until November 29th.


Who wouldn't want to piece this cute puzzle?


Aren't they adorable?

I'm also considering taking the plunge into social media to promote Sideling View Crafts. I've held off for quite some time because it isn't my "thing," but I think I'd like to try to step things up a bit in my shop. If that means stepping out of my comfort zone, then I might just need to do it.

What do you think? Any tips or ideas?

P. S. I updated some of my links because some shops have closed and some have changed names. Check them out because my friends might just have something you need to buy for a Christmas gift.

3 comments:

  1. I do always need puzzles, although I usually need simpler, wooden ones for my children. I support you trying social media. I don't really have any business tips for using it, wish I did. But it's a great way to get more people. And I often find links to Etsy shops through social media. I have plenty of friends who enjoy sharing their shops and others' on Facebook. I actually just bought a crochet hat from Aunt Alicia from following her shop link on Facebook. Now that I've thought more about it, I pay more attention to businesses with personal touches and that attempt to connect with followers. I like polls and comment replies and information about how to use products. I also like seeing pictures of products, especially if they're being used (like a hat or lotion or tool, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, I love those owl hats of Aunt Alicia's! Thanks for your advice; I'll likely eventually follow it. Which social media do you like best for this sort of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is quite adorable. I don't really wear hats, so I will have to figure out what to do with it :)
    I only use Facebook, so I couldn't give advice on any of the others. I think Facebook covers a wide range of ages, more so than some other social medias.

    ReplyDelete