Thursday, June 12, 2014

Peep, Peep


I’ve never been an animal person. I’m sure many who knew me before I was a mother might be surprised to know we have a dog, three cats, and several fish. 

Today our family entered an entirely different realm. We no longer have animals just as pets. A cardboard box with breathing holes showed up at our local post office with our name on it. Inside were 16 guinea keets.



They’re cute little boogers. I’ve been warned repeatedly that they’ll be really loud when they grow up some.* To be honest, I don’t care one bit. These little fluffy balls with legs and beaks are not pets; they’re specialized weapons in our war on ticks and Lyme Disease. So long as they cut down the tick population, they can wake me up at 5 a. m. every morning and be obnoxious all day long.

*Am I the only one that thinks this sounds a lot like children?

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how this goes. They sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our biggest concern is our 3 ninja cats. They're deadly.

      Delete