Sunday, August 3, 2014

Belated Greetings

I've not been on top of things lately. Of course, I rarely am, but I am really late getting a birthday present sent out.

We've been so busy getting these guineas housed. Yesterday, however, since the coop is complete, we went to an auction and scored lots of finds. The most exciting for our family was a lard press since we're trying to acquire all of the equipment for butchering.

I took a fancy to a box containing a bunch of old vintage cards and stationery. A long time ago I found some like them at a yard sale, and I love them. After I'd left with the children, my husband placed the winning bid on the box (which also included a small space heater, a pewter bowl, and an unopened Mother's Day powder jar from Avon).

Cute Cards


Well, another thing I'm behind on is sending a card to my in-laws for their 40th wedding anniversary. (I've given up on getting one to my own parents who also celebrated the big 4-0 this year.) Perhaps a picture of it will have to do until the post office brings it to your door, dear ones.



Certainly in this day and age, forty years is nothing to sneeze at and should be celebrated. I hope your special day (weekend, in fact) was delightful. Thanks to both sets of parents for setting a good example for the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment