Sunday, October 25, 2015

Abide with Me (the garden remix)

Since our baby's been born, I've been snapping away at the pictures, and not all of them are of the baby. In looking at a few, I was reminded of one of my favorite hymns.

******************************

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day,
Earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away;




Change and decay in all around I see;








O Thou who changest not, abide with me.





I fear no foe with Thee at hand to bless; 
Ills have no weight and tears no bitterness.





Where is death's sting? Where, grave, thy victory?





I triumph still if Thou abide with me!
 



*Notes: The leafless pumpkin vine's foe(s?) was the deer who would keep finding its way into the garden.  You may notice a bit of deer damage on one of the pumpkins in the picture (bite marks).

The grave was really a large trench the children decided they needed to dig in our dirt pile. They were remarkably dirty afterwards, but it was good for them. They've since enlarged it a bit, I think.

The cornucopia of squash was created by my son. After harvesting them, he wanted to display them to surprise me. When cleaning out the garage this weekend, another son arranged them differently and I took a picture of that, too, but those haven't been put on the computer yet. They were both quite proud to please Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment