Monday, February 20, 2017

Embarrassing Hot Dog Chili

I figured out a big blog and newspaper column mistake today. I thawed out more hamburger than I needed for supper, so I decided I would use the extra for some hot dog chili. I figured I could look at my recipe online quickly. I looked here and became embarrassed because I'd completely left out the cooking directions.

So, if you like hot dog chili and was disappointed in the recipe before, here it is again. I'm also correcting it in the original.


Hot Dog Chili

5 lbs. hamburger
2 1/2 cups chopped onions
5 Tbsp. sugar (or to taste)
2 med. bottles catsup (72 oz.)
4 Tbsp. prepared mustard
2 Tbsp. vinegar
garlic salt and pepper, to taste
chili powder, to taste
1 dash ground red pepper

Brown hamburger and drain. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer (on stove or in crockpot) for 4-6 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment