Friday, March 22, 2019

Five Quick Things

1.  Little Girls. I'm not sure this next picture needs much explanation.



2.  Wholly Holey.  Last week when the weather was so nice, I saw this. 


I guess this tree is multi-purpose for birds-- a place to live and a woodpecker buffet.

3.  New Blog.  Afterthoughts isn't actually a new blog, but it is a new-to-me blog. It is a homeschool-y blog. I think it's a keeper for me. I haven't actually listened to any of the podcasts she does because I never have quiet time to listen to podcasts, but the posts are helpful and link to other things I sometimes like wasting time reading.

4.  Favorite Blog.  The Frugal Girl is my favorite blog. Hands down. She shares frugal tips. She shares recipes. She shares hilarious pictures of clothes she tries on. And she posts several times a week. She makes money from her blog, but she's not overly commercial (which is the problem I have with most blogs that are constantly pushing things). 

5.  My Daughter's Blog.  I don't let my children do a lot online, but my oldest daughter begged for a blog so that she could share her love of nature. (I steal some of her pictures sometimes.) She doesn't get to post often, but she wrapped up winter in her latest post on A Nature Girl's World.






2 comments:

  1. I discovered Schole Sisters last fall which is a link at Afterthoughts. I also have not spent a lot of time there or listened to podcasts, but I would highly recommend it if you ever have a little time. I think sometimes we think we know what we are doing by this point in homeschooling after being a classroom teacher, but it is great to get fresh ideas. It is also a good idea to step back and evaluate what is important to teach and try to get the most important in before they leave the house.

    ReplyDelete