Monday, September 25, 2017

Building Project-- Days 69-78

Wow! I've really dropped the ball again with posting building updates. I'm sorry. Silly me was trying to educate my children :)

After The Inspector showed up, insulation ensued. (Thank you to my daughter for taking pictures of the insulation.)


Delivery truck

In the new bedroom

In the living room

Unrolling insulation for the crawlspace

Insulation was not the only thing done last week. So many things are difficult to photograph. For example, I didn't get the shot where the electricians brought the heating/air conditioning wall units and realized the dimensions they'd been told were incorrect. That meant the holes previously made would need to be enlarged. They're waiting on that until they receive all the parts to the units to have correct measurements. 

A few minor corrections needed to be made for the framing inspection. For example, the word "radon" had to be written on the PVC pipe in the crawlspace. Speaking of the crawlspace, did you know not everybody has to crawl in a crawlspace?



It took a couple of tries, but I managed to fit through the entrance to the crawlspace so I could take pictures of my son helping with spreading and sealing plastic down there. I think this is what's done to pass the required radon inspection.

And speaking of inspection, The Inspector was out again on Friday. 


Framing, insulation, and radon passed!

That permit is racking up the stickers, isn't it?

The masons were also around a few days last week. Here is their handiwork.



And on Saturday we had a visit from a plumber who removed the radiator from our living room under the window that had been removed. He also had to cap off the pipes to it down in the basement. The kids like looking down into the basement through the two little holes in the floor. Now the opening from the existing house to the addition can be cut.

Looking ahead, I guess the masons are doing something today because one of them just showed up. I think those heating/air conditioning units will be going in, too. A big delivery is coming on Wednesday-- dry wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment