Friday, September 15, 2017

Building Project-- Days 67 & 68

Let's work backwards. First, Day 68 (Thursday) saw no work. The kids told me it was because the carpenter didn't want to schedule an insulation delivery during the funeral we had at church. (I know it sounds crazy, but because sometimes our driveway can be blocked by funeral traffic, it's actually quite smart. )

Now. Something big happened on Day 67 (Wednesday). The Inspector came while I was here. I was a little nervous because I'm not brave when it comes to authority figures, but I grabbed the camera anyway and headed outside.


The Inspector's official county vehicle

And just so you know, the plans are no longer taped to the well cover; they are now inside the addition. That was news to me, but The Inspector must be super-smart because he had no problem finding them.


The plans in their new home

After looking at the framing and crawling around in the crawl space for a while, The Inspector signed off on the framing inspection. That's the good news.

The bad news? Well, I'm not sure he was amused by my picture-taking. I did ask first, but I did not ask him to smile. That seemed pushing it a little bit.

So, without further ado, I present to you, The Inspector.


Do you see that there are now 4 inspection stickers on the permit?

He wasn't what I was expecting, to be honest. No horn-rimmed glasses or pocket protector. Don't ask me why I was expecting that. No clipboard. Nothing official looking except a badge and the county vehicle. He just looked like a regular guy wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers hat and shirt. Ain't nothin' wrong with that!

Now, as a bonus, here's a picture of the brick work on the north side (since I didn't have the picture last time).


Pretty, isn't it?

Stay tuned for insulation (which I think is coming up next) AND a round of birthday cake pictures. I've got lots of opportunity for epic cake failure since I'm trying to make a volcano one day and a pumpkin the next.



No comments:

Post a Comment