Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Building Project-- Days 61-66

All kinds of crazy has been happening at our house lately. We've had company: my "baby" cousin bicycled all the way across the United States and came here before she returned home to Idaho. It was such a nice visit-- especially since I hadn't seen her in fifteen years! My parents came, too.

School has started and been interrupted by doctor's visits. 

And there is construction! I wish I had posted the pictures each day because so many things have been accomplished.

First, the electrical work was done. It was inspected yesterday.


Sometimes being grounded is a good thing :)



All done and ready for inspection


More carpentry work was done. The doors and windows finally came.

From the outside looking in


From the inside looking out


Holes were cut for heaters/air conditioners.


I guess a hole in the wall could be considered air conditioning, right?


And my beloved living room window came out.


Bye, bye dear window.


And plywood went up in its place-- temporarily, of course.


From the outside looking in


Other random construction work was accomplished.


The "dog box" all trimmed-up


And the masons are back at work with the exterior brick. That's noticeable.

First, the delivery. The son who loves things with wheels took the delivery pictures. 

Truck with bricks and necessary forklift

It's a Mack truck.

Forklift in action

Do you think it's a literal ton of bricks?

The bricks were all in place.


Now it was time for the masons to set up and get to work.

Tools of the trade. . . I don't know the name of this nifty brick picker-upper.



End of the first day of laying brick.

This last picture shows the east side. Yesterday was day 66, but I didn't get pictures. Now the north side is just as finished as the east side.

I'm not sure what's in store for today, but I'll bet the masons will be back, and perhaps an inspector will be checking out the framing.






No comments:

Post a Comment