Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Room With a View

While I don't always have a picture with each blog post, I do think those posts are more fun to do. Lately I've sort of been preoccupied with our family and the new baby, so most of the pictures taken in our house have been of our little ones-- and little ones holding the littlest one. And since I don't like to post pictures of our children online often, I don't have many pictures to post. 

However, in looking back at photos of the past couple of weeks, I came across one with no kiddos.

The helicopter at the hospital

This was the second time my hospital room had a view that included where the helicopters land. During my stay I saw three helicopters come and go. Each time, as the helicopter came in, I found myself praying for the person on board, and each time nobody was on board. I couldn't figure out why they would keep landing helicopters with only some cargo. Then I asked a nurse, and I was told that sometimes they fly out different organs and such that have been donated. That made sense.

Unfortunately, the children weren't visiting when the helicopters were around; they would have been thrilled to see the landing and take-off. As it was, I was thankful to have the change of scenery once in a while to break up the monotony of hospital walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment