Thursday, July 20, 2017

Building Project- Day 14 & 15

I expected Day 14 to be quiet, but we had a visitor-- the guy from the brick supply company. I didn't get a picture, but let me tell you, this guys knows his stuff. In less than 5 minutes, his work was done. He told me that we had Continental-something-something brick with something-something mortar. I couldn't take it all in and commit it to memory, but he said that our brick was made in Martinsburg, WV. He knew this all just from looking. He has some serious skills.

Moving on to Day 15. Mr. Powell, the mason, came by early to meet the delivery of blocks. He waited and waited and waited. After waiting for more than an hour, the lost delivery man finally found his way here. I was weeding in the garden at the time, so I didn't see the blocks being unloaded. When I did make it inside, I asked if my son was taking pictures for me. He wasn't, but he ran and got the camera.


Truck with a crane/forklift thing to unload blocks


It must take some serious skills to operate that piece of machinery, right?


Check out that remote control!


My daughter has those skills!  I couldn't believe it when I saw who was moving the forklift-crane around. After unloading the blocks, the truck driver asked the kids if they wanted to maneuver the fork back on the truck. My daughter did a great job as you can see in the picture below.





By the end of the day, a load of sand was dumped, and this mortar mixer (?) was dropped off. It's all ready for foundation work to begin today. (In fact, as I type this before 6:15 a. m., workers are already here.)










No comments:

Post a Comment