Friday, July 21, 2017

Building Project- Day 16

Yesterday was a hot, hot day. I have no idea how these men moved so many blocks in such a hot day. Did I mention it was hot?

Anyway, the masons began their work early, and it didn't take long for them to get an impressive amount of work done. My family was also impressed by how skillfully they worked. Especially noted was how quickly and perfectly and neatly they slopped on the mortar. It wasn't long until our pit in the backyard looked like this:







After lots of lifting, moving, mortaring(?), breaking rocks, and so on, the foundation for our new addition looked like this.






It isn't finished yet, but wow! It went fast!

This last picture I took because those orderly rows of bricks looked so nice and clean and just right; I liked the pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment