Friday, August 11, 2017

Building Project-- Day 35

I'll be honest: I haven't actually been outside to see the how the work yesterday ended. I had a mommy-daughter date with my oldest girl, and we went to the big town for eye doctor appointments and some shopping. A soft pretzel may have been involved.

Anyway, when we got back home, everybody else had eaten supper already, and our waffles and bacon were waiting on the table. Then I had to wrangle the overtired 3-year-old and do the bedtime routine. I enlisted the help of my 2nd-born to take pictures since it would be dark before I had time. It was already low-light outside, but I think he did a good job.

West side


East side

East side:  close-up

Inside shot

This last picture gives you an idea of the biggest difference we noticed today from inside the house: it's darker. Although the tarp isn't permanent, it darkens things up like it will be when complete. The kids like the cozy feel and think they'll be able to take naps in the current living room since it's darker. I'm surprised that I agree because I really like lots of natural sunlight; however, the new atmosphere inside here is not unpleasant at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment