Thursday, August 24, 2017

Building Project- Days 42-47

Not because I'm a slacker, but because of beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and mountains of laundry (plus a few doctor's appointments and a baseball game and a broken dishwasher), I have fallen a long way behind on my chronicle of this building adventure.

The progress can be summed up in a couple of words: roof and roof. Actually, the masons were here again to put a row of bricks around so Jimmy could fill in around the foundation, too.

I'm afraid I don't have these pictures sorted by day, but these first few I took last week.


Another cool truck with a forklift-crane


Shingles going up!


New masonry work and dirt filled in


End of Monday (I think)--Doesn't that roof look nice?

That's the end of the pictures I took. The day before yesterday and yesterday, I sent boys out to take pictures. This is just a sampling of what they thought was important enough for pictures.


This is the pipe for radon that's required in Maryland. It's between closets.


This is Jimmy's dump truck. The backhoe wasn't parked here.


West side of roof--finished!



Scaffolding


East side of roof-- finished!


Scaffolding


?????


And. . . scaffolding!

From what I understand, the roof cap is going on today. I should add that more work was done inside (studs and such, maybe?), but I just haven't had a chance to figure it all out. I do know that I've been hearing some rumblings of electrical stuff coming up sometime soon.


2 comments:

  1. Is this an addition to your home? My husband is strongly considering add an addition. . .I would rather move (I think!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our home, but it is not our house. We live in the parsonage provided by our church (my husband is a pastor). The church is adding on to the parsonage so we can have some more room, and there is no end to my thankfulness for this. :)

      Delete